HandiFox features the ability to create Sales Orders, which are used to keep record of product orders placed by your customers and track quantities on order and quantities available for your inventory items. Invoices can be auto-filled based on sales orders, and Picking/Packing can be done to verify that the correct items are shipped.
Creating Sales Orders
To enter a new sales order, first select a customer in the Customer Center, then tap Customer Orders. Tap New to start entering a new order.
First, the Items tab of the Create Order screen is shown, which lets you add products on the order. Other tabs let you add or edit order details such as shipping address or optional notes.
There are a few ways to add products on the order:
- Tap Find to select products from your item list, possibly using search and filtering. When you’ve marked all required items, tap Add and enter correct item quantities from the keyboard.
- Enter the exact item name in the text field and tap the Add button next to it, then enter the correct ordered quantity from the keyboard.
- Scan product barcodes, possibly multiple times to set the correct quantities. See Barcoding.
When you’ve added all required items, tap Save to create the order.
Reviewing Sales Orders on Mobile Device
There are two ways to find an existing sales order in the mobile app:
- In the Customer Center, highlight a customer and tap Customer Orders. You will see a list of all open orders from this customer. Look in the list or search by order number to locate the one you want.
- In the Customer Center, tap Open Orders to see a list of all existing open orders from all customers. From here, you can use search, sorting and filtering to locate the order you want.
Once you’ve found the desired sales order, you can review or edit it by highlighting the order and pressing Edit. You can change order details, product quantities and rates, add or remove products from the order. Refer to the previous section for ways to add new items on the order.
To remove an item, touch and hold on its name in the list, then tap Delete.
You can manually close the order by checking the Closed checkbox.
When you are finished, tap Save to apply your changes, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
Reviewing Sales Orders in the Web App
In the web app, existing sales orders can be reviewed under Sales → Sales Orders. This page lists sales orders filtered by status and date range. By default, the filters are set to display only open orders for the last 7 days. Text search is available by order number, customer and site.
Unlike in the mobile app, you cannot view sales order details on this page, but they can be seen in the print preview (see below).
You can print out a list of some or all sales orders showing on this page. Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to mark the orders you want to include on the printed list, then click Print List.
To manually close one or multiple sales orders, mark the orders in the leftmost column, then click Close SO.
Printing an Existing Sales Order
Sales orders can be printed from the web app as well as from mobile devices.
- To print a sales order from the web app, go to Sales → Sales Orders and find the desired sales order (possibly using search and filtering), then click .
- To print an order from the mobile app, you first need to find the desired order, on either the Open Orders screen or the Customer Orders screen (see above for details). Then, tap and select Print. This will generate a print preview, which can be sent to your printer, emailed, faxed or saved as a picture.
Creating Invoices Based on Sales Orders
In the mobile app, you can create an invoice based on one or multiple sales orders from a certain customer.
Go to Sales, find and highlight a customer, then tap Customer Orders. Next, use the checkboxes in the right column to mark one or more sales orders, then tap Invoice. You will see a new invoice populated with items from the orders you’ve marked. At this point, you can modify the invoice details, if necessary (see Invoices). Tap Save to create the invoice, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.