In the mobile app, invoices can be accessed from the Customer Center screen, in the web app – under Sales → Sales Transactions.
Creating an Invoice
In the web app
You can add products to the invoice by selecting them from the drop-down list in the Item column. You can also set cursor into the Scan Barcode field and user a barcode scanner to add products (see Barcoding).
If you have multiple inventory sites, you can choose to draw inventory for this invoice from a different site. Use the Inventory Site field for this.
To leave without saving and discard your work, click Cancel.
To save your invoice, click Save.
To save the invoice and print it right away, click Save and Print.
In the mobile app
To start entering a new invoice in the mobile app, go to Sales and select a customer, then tap Invoice.
First, the Items tab of the New Invoice screen is shown, which lets you add products on the invoice. Other tabs let you add or edit invoice details such as shipping address or terms.
There are a few ways to add products on the invoice:
- Tap Find to select products from your item list, possibly using search and filtering. When you’ve marked all required items, tap Add and enter correct item quantities from the keyboard.
- Enter the exact item name in the text field and tap the Add button next to it, then enter the correct ordered quantity from the keyboard.
- Scan product barcodes, possibly multiple times to set the correct quantities. See Barcoding.
When you are finished, tap Save to create the invoice.
Capturing Customer Signatures
After entering a new invoice in the mobile app and pressing Save, it is possible to capture customer’s signature.
Enter customer’s name in the text field, then tap Enter Sign and have your customer put their signature in the white box. Tap OK, then Save to finish invoice creation, or Save & Print if you also wish to print the invoice.
Reviewing Invoices on the Mobile Device
There are two ways to find an existing invoice in the mobile app:
- In the Customer Center, highlight a customer and tap Payment. You will see a list of all open invoices for this customer. Find the invoice you wish to view or edit, touch and hold until a menu shows up, then tap View Invoice.
- In the Customer Center, tap Open Invoices to see a list of all existing open invoices from all customers. From here, you can use search, sorting and filtering to locate the invoice you want. Next, highlight the invoice and tap Edit.
After finding and opening an invoice, you can view and edit its details and change what items are on the invoice. See Creating an Invoice for details on how to add items to the invoice.
To remove an item from the invoice, touch and hold on its name in the list until a menu shows up, then tap Delete.
When you are finished, tap Save to apply your changes, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
Reviewing Invoices in the Web App
In the web app, existing invoices can be reviewed under Sales → Sales Transactions. This page lists existing sales transactions filtered by type, status and date. The default filter displays all transactions created within the week. If you can't find the records you are looking for, adjust the filter to narrow or broaden the search as needed (e.g. to display only open invoices from the last 30 days). Text search is available by transaction number and site.
To view an invoice, click on the corresponding row of the list.
To see what sales orders and payments are linked to this invoice, click View in the column named Lnk Txn.
More operations are available from the Action menu. You can access it by clicking in the Action column of the transactions list, or by clicking on the invoice view page. This menu allows the following operations:
- Print the invoice.
- Edit the invoice.
- Clone (create a new invoice with exactly the same contents).
- Delete the invoice.
Some of these actions may be forbidden, depending on the invoice status.
You can print out a list of some or all invoices showing on this page. Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to mark the orders you want to include on the printed list, then click Print List.
Printing an Existing Invoice
Invoices can be printed from the web app as well as from mobile devices.
- To print an invoice from the web app, go to Sales → Sales Transactions and find the desired invoice (possibly using search and filtering), then click and select Print. Alternatively, you can click on the invoice itself to view it, and then click the Print button.
- To print an invoice from the mobile app, you first need to find and highlight the desired invoice, on either the Open Invoices screen or the Payment screen (see above for details). Then you can tap and Print (in Open Invoices), or make a long tap on the invoice and select Print Invoice (in Payment). This will generate a print preview, which can be sent to your printer, emailed, faxed or saved as a picture.