- 1 Overview
- 2 Creating Sales Orders
- 3 Reviewing Sales Orders on the Mobile Device
- 4 Reviewing Sales Orders in the Web App
- 5 Printing an Existing Sales Order
- 6 Creating Invoices Based on Sales Orders
- 7 Sales Order Numbers
HandiFox features the ability to create Sales Orders, which are used to keep record of product orders placed by your customers and track quantities on order and quantities available for your inventory items. Invoices can be auto-filled based on sales orders, and Picking/Packing can be done to verify that the correct items are shipped.
Creating Sales Orders
In the Web App
You can add products to the order by selecting from the drop-down list in the Item column. Alternatively, you can set the cursor in the Scan Barcode field and add items using a barcode scanner (requires barcodes to be assigned to items, see Barcoding).
In the Android App
To create a new sales order, first, select a customer in the Customer Center, then tap Customer Orders. Tap New to create a new order.
Firstly, you will see the Items tab of the Create Order screen, which lets you add products to the order. Other tabs let you add or edit such order details as shipping address and optional notes.
There are a few ways to add products to the order:
- Tap Find to select products from your item list, possibly using search and filtering. When you’ve marked all the required items, tap Add and enter the correct item quantities via the keyboard.
- Enter the exact item name in the text field and tap the Add button next to it, then enter the correct ordered quantity via the keyboard.
- Scan product barcodes, possibly multiple times to set the correct quantities. See Barcoding.
In the iOS App
To create a new sales order, tap the Sales tab at the bottom of the screen, then select the Customers tab. Tap the necessary customer in the list. In the pop-up window, tap Sales Orders. Tap the button to create a new sales order. To add items to the list, switch to the Items tab. There are several ways to add items:
- Type in the unique name of the item in the Look for Name field and tap the button to add the item straight to the list.
- Tap the button to open the Add Item screen. You can scroll through the list and select several items at once. It is possible to filter the items by typing the keywords in the Look for field and selecting the desired category (All fields, Name, Description, SKU, Category). Tap Add when you are finished to add items to the sales order.
- Scan the item's barcode with the rear camera. To do so, tap . Alternatively, scan the item's barcode with the connected Bluetooth scanner. If the item is already on the list, each correct scanning of its barcode will increment the Qty value.
Reviewing Sales Orders on the Mobile Device
In the Android App
There are two ways to find an existing sales order in the Android app:
- In the Customer Center, highlight a customer and tap Customer Orders. You will see a list of all orders from this customer. Look in the list or search by order number to locate the one you want. You can filter orders by Open, Invoiced, All, and Closed in the Status drop-down list.
- In the Customer Center, tap Open Orders to see a list of all existing open orders from all customers. From here, you can use search, sorting, and filtering to locate the order you want.
Once you’ve found the desired sales order, you can review or edit it by highlighting the order and pressing Edit. You can change order details, product quantities and rates, add or remove products from the order. Refer to the previous section for ways to add new items to the order.
To remove an item, select it in the list and tap it once again, then tap Delete in the pop-up list.
You can manually close the order by checking the Closed checkbox.
When you are finished, tap Save to apply your changes, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
In the iOS App
There are two ways to find an existing sales order in the iOS app:
- While in the Sales tab, tap the necessary customer in the Customer tab and tap Sales Orders in the pop-up window. You will see a list of all orders from this customer. Look in the list or search by order number to locate the one you want. You can filter orders by Open, Invoiced, Closed, All by tapping the respective button.
- In the Sales tab, tap the Sales Orders tab in the top part of the screen. You will see a list of all existing Open/Picked/All orders (depending on the selected status) from all customers. From here, you can use search or scanning to locate the order you want.
Once you’ve found the desired sales order, you can review or edit it by tapping the order and pressing Edit. You can change order details, product quantities and rates, add or remove products from the order. Refer to the previous section for ways to add new items to the order.
To remove an item, go to the Items tab, tap the item, then tap Delete in the pop-up window.
You can manually close the order by tapping the order in the list and tapping Close in the pop-up window.
Reviewing Sales Orders in the Web App
In the web app, existing sales orders can be reviewed under Sales → Sales Transactions. This page lists existing sales transactions filtered by type, status and date. The default filter displays all transactions created within the week. If you can't find the records you are looking for, adjust the filter to narrow or broaden the search as needed (e.g. to display only sales orders from the last 30 days). Text search is available by transaction number and site.
To view a sales order, click on the corresponding row of the list.
To see what invoices are linked to this sales order, click View in the column named Lnk Txn.
- Print the sales order.
- Edit the order.
- Clone (create a new order with exactly the same contents).
- Create an invoice from this order.
- Manually close the order.
Some of these actions may be forbidden, depending on the sales order status.
If you click on the Sales Order's Reference Number in the list, it will open the View Sales Order page. Once here, you can close, clone, or delete the Sales Order by clicking in the top-right corner of the screen. Please note that we do not recommend deleting transactions as it may affect the status of linked transactions, such as Invoices.
You can print out a list of some or all sales orders showing on this page. Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to mark the orders you want to include on the printed list, then click Print List.
Printing an Existing Sales Order
Sales orders can be printed from the web app as well as from mobile devices.
- To print a sales order from the web app, go to Sales → Sales Transactions and find the desired sales order (possibly using search and filtering), then click and select Print. Alternatively, you can click on the order itself to view it, and then click the Print button.
- To print an order from the Android app, you first need to find the desired order, on either the Open Orders screen or the Customer Orders screen (see above for details). Then, tap and select Print. This will generate a print preview, which can be sent to your printer, emailed, faxed or saved as a picture.
- To print an order from the iOS app, you first need to find the desired order, on either the Sales Orders tab or the Customers tab (see above for details). Then, tap the necessary order and scroll the list of available buttons in the pop-up window, then tap Print.
Creating Invoices Based on Sales Orders
You can create an invoice based on one or multiple sales orders from a certain customer.
In the web app, there are two ways to do this:
Option 1. Go to Sales → Sales Transactions, click and select Invoice. Once you've chosen the customer, you will see a side panel with a list of all open sales orders (if the customer has any). Mark one or multiple orders and click Add. When you are finished with the invoice, click Save.
Option 2. Go to Sales → Sales Transactions and find the sales order you would like to invoice. Click and select Create Invoice. On the New Invoice page you will see a side panel with a list of other open orders (if this customer has any more). You can mark them and click Add to include them in the invoice. When you are finished with the invoice, click Save.
In the Android app, go to Sales, find and highlight a customer, then tap Customer Orders. Next, use the checkboxes in the right column to mark one or more sales orders, then tap Invoice. You will see a new invoice populated with items from the orders you’ve marked. At this point, you can modify the invoice details, if necessary (see Invoices). Tap Save to create the invoice, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
In the iOS app, go to Sales → Customers → tap the necessary customer, then tap Sales Orders in the pop-up window. In the Sales Orders screen, select the necessary order(s) and tap Invoice in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Sales Order Numbers
If you'd like to change how reference numbers look for sales orders, see Transaction Numbering.