HandiFox features the ability to create Sales Orders, which are used to keep record of product orders placed by your customers and track quantities on order and quantities available for your inventory items. Invoices can be auto-filled based on sales orders, and Picking/Packing can be done to verify that the correct items are shipped.
Creating Sales Orders
In the Web App
You can add products to the order by selecting from the list in the Item column. Alternatively, you set cursor in the Scan Barcode field and add items using a barcode scanner (requires barcode assignment, see Barcoding).
In the Mobile App
To enter a new sales order, first select a customer in the Customer Center, then tap Customer Orders. Tap New to start entering a new order.
First, the Items tab of the Create Order screen is shown, which lets you add products on the order. Other tabs let you add or edit order details such as shipping address or optional notes.
There are a few ways to add products on the order:
- Tap Find to select products from your item list, possibly using search and filtering. When you’ve marked all required items, tap Add and enter correct item quantities from the keyboard.
- Enter the exact item name in the text field and tap the Add button next to it, then enter the correct ordered quantity from the keyboard.
- Scan product barcodes, possibly multiple times to set the correct quantities. See Barcoding.
When you’ve added all required items, tap Save to create the order.
Reviewing Sales Orders on Mobile Device
There are two ways to find an existing sales order in the mobile app:
- In the Customer Center, highlight a customer and tap Customer Orders. You will see a list of all open orders from this customer. Look in the list or search by order number to locate the one you want.
- In the Customer Center, tap Open Orders to see a list of all existing open orders from all customers. From here, you can use search, sorting and filtering to locate the order you want.
Once you’ve found the desired sales order, you can review or edit it by highlighting the order and pressing Edit. You can change order details, product quantities and rates, add or remove products from the order. Refer to the previous section for ways to add new items on the order.
To remove an item, touch and hold on its name in the list, then tap Delete.
You can manually close the order by checking the Closed checkbox.
When you are finished, tap Save to apply your changes, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
Reviewing Sales Orders in the Web App
In the web app, existing sales orders can be reviewed under Sales → Sales Transactions. This page lists existing sales transactions filtered by type, status and date. The default filter displays all transactions created within the week. If you can't find the records you are looking for, adjust the filter to narrow or broaden the search as needed (e.g. to display only sales orders from the last 30 days). Text search is available by transaction number and site.
To view a sales order, click on the corresponding row of the list.
To see what invoices are linked to this sales order, click View in the column named Lnk Txn.
More operations are available from the Action menu. You can access it by clicking in the Action column of the transactions list, or by clicking on the sales order view page. This menu allows the following operations:
- Print the sales order.
- Edit the order.
- Clone (create a new order with exactly the same contents).
- Create an invoice from this order.
- Manually close the order.
Some of these actions may be forbidden, depending on the sales order status.
You can print out a list of some or all sales orders showing on this page. Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to mark the orders you want to include on the printed list, then click Print List.
Printing an Existing Sales Order
Sales orders can be printed from the web app as well as from mobile devices.
- To print a sales order from the web app, go to Sales → Sales Transactions and find the desired sales order (possibly using search and filtering), then click and select Print. Alternatively, you can click on the order itself to view it, and then click the Print button.
- To print an order from the mobile app, you first need to find the desired order, on either the Open Orders screen or the Customer Orders screen (see above for details). Then, tap and select Print. This will generate a print preview, which can be sent to your printer, emailed, faxed or saved as a picture.
Creating Invoices Based on Sales Orders
You can create an invoice based on one or multiple sales orders from a certain customer.
In the web app, there are two ways to do this:
Option 1. Go to Sales → Sales Transactions, click and select Invoice. Once you've chosen the customer, you will see a side panel with a list of all open sales orders (if the customer has any). Mark one or multiple orders and click Add. When you are finished with the invoice, click Save.
Option 2. Go to Sales → Sales Transactions and find the sales order you would like to invoice. Click and select Create Invoice. On the New Invoice page you will see a side panel with a list of other open orders (if this customer has any more). You can mark them and click Add to include them in the invoice. When you are finished with the invoice, click Save.
In the mobile app, go to Sales, find and highlight a customer, then tap Customer Orders. Next, use the checkboxes in the right column to mark one or more sales orders, then tap Invoice. You will see a new invoice populated with items from the orders you’ve marked. At this point, you can modify the invoice details, if necessary (see Invoices). Tap Save to create the invoice, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
Sales Order Numbers
If you'd like to change how reference numbers look for sales orders, see Transaction Numbering.