In the mobile app, invoices can be accessed from the Customer Center screen, in the web app – under Sales → Invoices.
Creating an Invoice
To start entering a new invoice in the mobile app, go to Sales and select a customer, then tap Invoice.
First, the Items tab of the New Invoice screen is shown, which lets you add products on the invoice. Other tabs let you add or edit invoice details such as shipping address or terms.
There are a few ways to add products on the invoice:
- Tap Find to select products from your item list, possibly using search and filtering. When you’ve marked all required items, tap Add and enter correct item quantities from the keyboard.
- Enter the exact item name in the text field and tap the Add button next to it, then enter the correct ordered quantity from the keyboard.
- Scan product barcodes, possibly multiple times to set the correct quantities. See Barcoding.
When you are finished, tap Save to create the invoice.
Capturing Customer Signatures
After entering a new invoice and pressing Save, it is possible to capture customer’s signature.
Enter customer’s name in the text field, then tap Enter Sign and have your customer put their signature in the white box. Tap OK, then Save to finish invoice creation, or Save & Print if you also wish to print the invoice.
Reviewing Invoices on the Mobile Device
There are two ways to find an existing invoice in the mobile app:
- In the Customer Center, highlight a customer and tap Payment. You will see a list of all open invoices for this customer. Find the invoice you wish to view or edit, touch and hold until a menu shows up, then tap View Invoice.
- In the Customer Center, tap Open Invoices to see a list of all existing open invoices from all customers. From here, you can use search, sorting and filtering to locate the invoice you want. Next, highlight the invoice and tap Edit.
After finding and opening an invoice, you can view and edit its details and change what items are on the invoice. See Creating an Invoice for details on how to add items to the invoice.
To remove an item from the invoice, touch and hold on its name in the list until a menu shows up, then tap Delete.
When you are finished, tap Save to apply your changes, or press the Back button on the device to leave without saving.
Reviewing Invoices in the Web App
In the web app, existing invoices can be reviewed under Sales → Invoices. This page lists invoices filtered by status and date range. By default, the filters are set to display only open invoices for the last 7 days. Text search is available by invoice number, customer and site.
Unlike in the mobile app, you cannot view invoice details on this page, but they can be seen in the print preview (see below).
You can print out a list of some or all invoices showing on this page. Use the checkboxes in the leftmost column to mark the invoices you want to include on the printed list, then click Print List.
Printing an Existing Invoice
Invoices can be printed from the web app as well as from mobile devices.
- To print an invoice from the web app, go to Sales → Invoices and find the desired invoice (possibly using search and filtering), then click .
- To print an invoice from the mobile app, you first need to find and highlight the desired invoice, on either the Open Invoices screen or the Payment screen (see above for details). Then you can tap and Print (in Open Invoices), or make a long tap on the invoice and select Print Invoice (in Payment). This will generate a print preview, which can be sent to your printer, emailed, faxed or saved as a picture.